Final push to pass the new Bill in the Catalan Parliament to extend urgent measures to deal with the housing emergency that will end thousands of evictions
Tomorrow, Friday 10 September 2021, the round of appearances in the Parliament of Catalonia of entities, institutions, organizations and experts to make contributions to the registered text begins, in which the Promoter Group will participate on three occasions
In recent months, the Group Promoting Law 24/2015 has worked to register the new bill aimed at recovering anti-eviction measures annulled by the Constitutional Court and currently has a large parliamentary majority with the support of ERC, Junts , In Common We Can and CUP.
Recall that on January 29 the Constitutional Court annulled the extension of anti-eviction measures of Law 24/2015 achieved with Decree Law 17/2019 leaving Law 24/2015 without the mandatory social rent in terms of rent terminations and occupations, and canceling renewals of social rents. A serious situation that left more than 3,000 families helpless who may lose their social rent they were expecting.
Throughout the month of September, the appearances of entities, institutions, organizations and experts will take place in the Parliament of Catalonia to make contributions to the registered text.
Below we share the calendar of our appearances and the different entities, institutions, organizations and experts in Parliament:
Friday, September 10 - 9:00 a.m .: Social or housing organizations
- Appearance in report of a representation of the Table of Entities of the Third Social Sector
- Appearance in report of a representation of the Tenants' Union
- Appearance in presentation by Jesús Albert Magallón i Mora, representative of the Penedès Tenants' Union
- Appearance in presentation of a representation of the Emancipation Group of the National Youth Council of Catalonia
- Appearance in presentation of a representation of Habitat International Coalition
- Appearance in presentation of a representation of the DESC Observatory
- Appearance in a presentation by Antoni Sorolla, Director of Institutional Relations at Sogeviso
Monday 13 September, 12.00pm: Entities, bodies or public representatives
- Appearance in presentation of a representation of the Housing and Health Group of the Barcelona Public Health Agency
- Appearance in paper by Guillem Soler Solé, head of the Court of First Instance number 1 of Barcelona
- Appearance in a presentation by the Councilor for Housing and Rehabilitation of Barcelona City Council
- Appearance in report of a representation of the City council of Salt
- Appearance in a presentation by Glòria Rubio Casas, former Councilor for Housing of Sabadell City Council,
- Appearance in a presentation by the Mayor of Sant Feliu de Llobregat, Minister of the Barcelona Metropolitan Area and President of Habitatge Metròpolis Barcelona
Friday, September 17, 10:00 a.m .: Experts
- Appearance in a presentation by Martí Batllori, a lawyer specializing in housing,
- Appearance in a presentation by Trilla Bellart, president of the Metropolitan Housing Observatory and the Habitat3 Foundation,
- Appearance by Sergio Nasarre Aznar, Director of the UNESCO Chair in Housing at Rovira i Virgili University,
- Appearance by Jordi Bosch Meda, PhD in architecture
- Appearance by Vicente Pérez Daudí, Professor at the University of Barcelona
- Appearance in a presentation by Agustí Jover Armengol, economist specializing in real estate market analysis,
- Appearance in presentation by Josep Maria Raya, Professor of the Tecnocampus at Pompeu Fabra University, Department of Economics and Business
Monday 20 September, 10.00 am: Professional associations, associations or representatives affected, Property associations
- Appearance in report of a representation of the Commission of House of the Official College of Social Work of Catalonia
- Appearance in paper of a representation of the Council of Associations of Administrators of Estates of Catalonia
- Appearance in report of a representation of the Council of Associations of Agents of the Real Estate Property of Catalonia
- Appearance in a presentation by Jèssica Casals, spokeswoman for the families affected by the annulment of Decree Law 17/2019
- Appearance in presentation of a representation of the group promoting the popular legislative initiative of Law 24/2015, of urgent measures to address the emergency in the field of housing and energy poverty,
- Appearance in presentation of a representation of the Platform of Affected by the Mortgage
- Appearance in presentation of a representation of the General Council of Chambers of Urban Property of Catalonia
- Appearance in presentation of a representation of the Association of Promoters of Catalonia
Monday, September 27, 10:00 a.m .: Day reserved for hearings that cannot be held for the remaining days.
Each appearance will last approximately one hour and can be followed live on the Parliament Channel through this link: https://www.parlament.cat/ext/f?p=700:1
Ending evictions must be a priority in this legislature. The future “Law for the Extension of urgent measures to deal with the housing emergency ”will be key to achieving this. The Promoter Group and the organized public will be vigilant of this urgent approval as soon as possible. We will not allow anyone to be left behind.