We join the Board of the ESCR-Net!
In the new election of the ESCR-net board for the next 3 years, the ESCR Observatory has been chosen to represent Europe.
In the new election of the ESCR-net board for the next 3 years, Irene Escorihuela, director of Observatori DESC (ESCR Observatory) has been chosen by the members to represent Europe. The ESCR-Net is an international network with more than 280 NGOs, social movements and activists from 75 countries to build a global movement that makes human rights and social justice a reality for all. In the voting, which took place from November 13 to 30, 141 member organizations of the network participated, and had the following result:
- Binota Moy Dhamai — Asia Indigenous Peoples Pact (AIPP)
- Fernanda Hopenhaym — Project on Organizing, Development, Education and Research (PODER)
- Irene Escorihuela Blasco — Observatori DESC
- Maha Abdullah — Al-Haq
- Priyanthi Fernando — International Women's Rights Action Watch Asia Pacific (IWRAW-AP)
- Ryan Schlief — International Accountability Project (IAP)
- S'bu Zikode — Abahlali baseMjondolo
We will work for the ESCR to be respected, protected and implemented in the different countries, together with the members of the Network. Our participation in the ESCR Net has been developed in the Strategic Litigation Working Group, through which we participated in the intervention of third party (amicus curiae) in the lawsuit against Spain for violation of the right to housing before the ESCR Committee of the United Nations.